Carol Vanlue’s Espresso Stout Chocolate Brownies
- 1 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup unsweetened Sunrise Baking Cocoa
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 8 ounces Extra Dark Chocolate Buttons
- 3/4 cup White Chocolate Buttons
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1-1/4 cups (10 ounces) Oakshire Overcast Espresso Stout at room temperature
- 1 cup chopped Dark Chocolate Buttons
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Grease a glass 9 x 13-inch baking pan.
In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, cocoa powder, and salt until evenly combined. Set aside.
Microwave butter, bittersweet chocolate, and white chocolate buttons until melted. In a large mixing bowl, beat eggs and sugar on high speed until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes.
Add melted chocolate mixture, beating until combined. Beat reserved flour mixture into melted chocolate mixture. Whisk in espresso stout .
Pour into prepared baking pan. Drop semisweet chocolate chips evenly on top of batter (some will sink in).
Bake 25 to 30 minutes on center rack in the oven, until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out almost clean.
Let brownies cool, uncovered, to room temperature.