Chocolate Cream Pie Filling
- 6 oz. Dark Chocolate Buttons
- 1 1/2 cups whipping cream
- 1/2 cup corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- chocolate shavings (for garnish)
- your favorite pre-baked pie crust
- 1 cup of cream, whipped with sugar
Microwave chocolate, corn syrup and 1/2 cup of the cream in a large microwavable bowl on HIGH for 2 minutes. Stir until chocolate is completely melted. Stir in vanilla. Cool to room temperature.
Beat the remaining 1 cup of cream until soft peaks form. Gently stir into chocolate mixture. Spoon into crust. Refrigerate until firm, about 4 hours. Garnish with additional whipped cream and chocolate shavings.