- 2/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup (1/2 cube) butter
- 3 Tbl granulated sugar (superfine if you have it)
- 6 oz. (about 1 cup) White Chocolate Buttons
- Finely grated zest (rind) of one orange
- 3 Tbl orange liqueur (i.e.grand marnier), optional
Pour the cream into a heavy pan. Cut the butter into cubes and add to the pan with the sugar. Heat gently, stirring the mixture occasionally, until the butter has melted. Add the chocolate. Stir over low heat until melted and thoroughly combined. Stir in the orange zest, then add the liqueur gradually. Leave to cool, or serve over pastries, pound cake etc.